Welcome to Psycho Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRADIORegisterLog in

Recommended here by a friend

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Recommended here by a friend Empty
PostSubject: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi, Smile

I was recommended to your servers by Samantha. She says she plays here a lot, especially custom maps. But I had a few questions.

1) How many servers do you have and is there a server missing? I ask because on my browser, I see this:

Code:

r0r's Coop 1 [Expert 2/4]
r0r's Coop 2 [Expert 3/4]
r0r's Coop 3 [Expert 4/4]
INSANE EXPERT [Psycho] aka r0r's coop 3 [expert 4/4]
L4D [Psycho] Insane Mode [Custom Maps]

Where is Expert 1/4 and why are there two r0r's coop 3s? Neutral

2) What time do you guys play custom maps? I was just there and the server was empty. I'm tired of playing the normal maps and would like to play customs with more people.

3) I recently set up a server too. Can you guys help me on how I can set up a menu to allow votes on custom maps? That's the only thing I haven't gotten working right.

4) Could I link my server with yours for custom maps?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:12 am

not all of these servers are Psycho servers.
He only has 2 l4d1 servers, the rest are for l4d2.
the r0r servers are not psychos, he only has 1 similar server in l4d1 called:
and another called:

you can go here for our servers list:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

or here:

we don't have a 1/4 difficulty because it is too easy =)

i couldn't tell you what time people are playing custom maps. it varies all the time ^^

what do u mean link the servers?

meow.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:40 am

Choco wrote:

not all of these servers are Psycho servers. the r0r servers are not psychos, he only has 1 similar server in l4d1 called:
and another called:

Oh, I see. So it's only the last two I listed. That's very confusing to be honest. Neutral I thought all the r0r servers were Psychos because his too has "r0r" as part of the title. And, I've played with other players who also thought that those servers were all Psycho's as well. But thanks for the link to the servers Very Happy

Choco wrote:

we don't have a 1/4 difficulty because it is too easy =)

Ahhh, so the numbers represent Easy, Normal, Advanced, and Expert difficulty settings. Again, this is confusing because saying "Expert 2/4" "Expert 3/4" and "Expert 4/4" makes them all sound like they are on the Expert difficulty setting. But since the other r0r severs are not yours, I guess it's not your concern Wink

But this title:
Code:
makes it look like it's linked to the other r0r servers. Why not just call it INSANE EXPERT [Psycho]? This will be less confusing and it's not necessary to have the word "Expert" in the title twice. Just a suggestion. Or is r0r some type of plugin?

Choco wrote:

i couldn't tell you what time people are playing custom maps. it varies all the time ^^
what do u mean link the servers?
meow.

That's alright, I just thought maybe you guys have a set day or time when you get together and play custom maps Smile

By link I mean when you join the server you can see a list of players that is playing on each server.

Meor Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 8:18 am

aka=also known as ,this server is a copy of r0r's Coop 3 [Expert 4/4].Best server,best difficulty,in the past the server had only 6 slots maximum,since then all good players are not playing and now is full of noobs,thats why i decided to open my own server exactly the same as r0r's coop 3

There are 4 levels of difficulty for expert,playing other than expert it sux
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 pm

Ah ok. It's just they way it's phrased, it makes them look like they're all yours. Razz

How do you set it to a higher version of expert? I had no idea there was a higher version of that setting. Shocked All I see is Easy, Normal, Advanced, and Expert. Or are you using cvars to make it harder?

Can you tell me what you use to allow votes for custom maps? I've searched and the only two I've found for that are very buggy (I'd post links but it's not letting me, but they are both on the alliedmodders site).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 3:54 pm

if you play in r0r or Psycho servers you are automatically playing a higher difficulty. Even if you change to normal or advanced the server is still harder than the default of the game because of the cvars =) hence the EXPERT in the server names. you will never be playing the default easy, normal, advanced or expert settings even when you change the difficulty via call vote.

r0r is a players name and he also has a plugin for his servers.

what is your in game name? have i played with you before?

oh.. and i still dont understand what u mean by link.. :/ hehe sorry.

meow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 6:10 pm

That makes a lot more sense now. Thanks for the clarification cheers

My name in the game is also "The 5th Survivor" but with different uni-code characters to make it look more funky. farao

Funny, I've yet to see r0r in r0r's coop Laughing

I don't know if I played with you, but I know I've played with Psycho a few times (the last time was in Precinct 84). I had asked where the server was located and he said Romania. I asked that because my ping sometimes is good there and sometimes it's not (I'm in the US) and when it gets too high, it makes it very hard for me to play obviously Sad

I should've been more clear. What I mean by link, is a webpage link that will show the server names, IP, map name, and player names currently connected to each server (the MOTD screen) when you join the game and have to click OK. But now that I think about it, mentioning my ping, maybe this wouldn't work out too well since our servers are very far from each other Sad
Just thought it would have been a good idea since I don't really see many other servers hosting custom maps anymore. It's a pain to get most people to download them scratch and only a select few seem to have no problem with it compared to the masses that play the regular maps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Im using a plugin that is a modified version of survivors upgrades(r0r's plugin)and has cvars like r0r_difficulty,so only root can change difficulty from console.Plugin was not public for a long time,now u can find it here: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] (left4downtown dependency).
And here you can see how to use it: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Votemap plugin is not public yet(votemap for custom maps),but maybe i can help you with that,give me your server ip.First i wanna see what server you are running xD
List of custom maps in my servers you can find it here: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Very strange how the plugin is not public considering sourcemod's site has the source to all their plugins. That's probably why it's not there. There was another plugin called "survivor upgrades reloaded" that was public and allowed players to have more existing upgrades in the game code. Now it's not public so the author got banned from alliedmodders.

Thanks for the link though I''ll take a look at it, but my server is pretty hard as it is on expert, so adding this would be overkill Surprised Must.... overkill....players..... Twisted Evil

I can't believe something as simple as votemap for customs is not public Shocked (no wonder I haven't found anything that is stable for it) That sounds like another modified plugin because Sourcemod's basevotes core plugin has a command called votemap, but you have to know the literal map name to use it with customs (no one is gonna remember all of that). Then there's a plugin called "Custom Votes" on allied modders that allows for voting on custom maps as well, but... it hasn't been updated in a while and it has a few bugs. And there's another one called "Campaign/Map Voter" which works for customs too, but again there's a huge bug with this one (if you don't select anything within 20 seconds after opening the menu, the server will crash!). But you tell me the plugin you use is not public. I now see why most L4D servers don't host custom maps. Crying or Very sad

The IP for the server is: 173.208.214.190:27015
It's called "D 5th Dimension". There's quite a bit installed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: RE Plugin   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 3:48 am

Hey (arby?) ,

well if gave the plugin only to psycho because if play on his server only. the org autor is not active so far i can see hes nick was error404. the survivor servers ar all inaktive. i was connectet with it longer time ago ang was the lucky one to get it for my server. but i think its better to keep the plugin non puplic.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Birthday : 1980-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:00 am

The votemap plugin is not mine,is not public and only Xeno could give that to you.So speak to him about that.
Back to top Go down
https://psycho.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:26 am

[DCS] Xeno wrote:
Hey (arby?) ,
well if gave the plugin only to psycho because if play on his server only. the org autor is not active so far i can see hes nick was error404. the survivor servers ar all inaktive. i was connectet with it longer time ago ang was the lucky one to get it for my server. but i think its better to keep the plugin non puplic.

Hi,

I have no idea who arby is Razz

If there is an original author, that means it was public at one point. Why would it not be public now? And you say the author and his servers are inactive. So if other servers that have it go inactive in the future, that means no one will end up having it.

Well, do yo know of any other plugin that allows for custom map voting besides the one you guys use? I have searched and the ones I've found do work, but have bugs.

Admin wrote:
The votemap plugin is not mine,is not public and only Xeno could give that to you.So speak to him about that.

Well he just said he won't. Neutral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:33 am

well..this also has a big bug...but maybe if you have good players they wont abuse of this bug,also there is a antispam thingy,players can only say once/level !votemap

The bug comes when you call the vote:
you must choose between 1 or 2 ...1 for YES and 2 for NO
Now imagine there are 5 players in the server.I call the vote and I say 1(YES) all the other players will say 1(YES). So we get 100% votes to change the map.Here works perfect. 5 of YES(1)
But .....if i call the vote then say 2(NO) and the other players say 2(NO) because they dont wanna change it....The result will be something like 5xNO(2)....In this case plugin fails sadly,cuz it calculates like 100% of the votes for 2(NO) and it changes the map anyway.
So plugin uses percent of votes ,doesnt care about negative and positive votes...

Anyway i use this plugin for months and everything is working fine so far,having always admins in my servers and good players...

LOL,,trying to explain i must have confused u a lot xD..i hope u got it Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: RE Plugin   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 7:41 am

It was never puplic. the one server admin on the servers i was play was more like a friend. we try things on my and his server so thats the way if get it. if he and me are not found us on the one day i has never know obout the survivor servers.

at time if got no l4d1 on my laptop and cant join u server before 7 days. And i better talk to Major Tom first he comes too from the survivors, may he has a better connection to error.

me and the survivors admin dont want to see this one day on sourcemod.com ect. it was a specel plugin made by error404.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:51 am

Does anybody have this plugin source code?
I could have a look at it.
I did some sourcemod/metamod coding some time ago.
Maybe comoria?
Or like Tom proposed FredZ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 9:34 am

I have it Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 7:53 am

Psycho wrote:

The bug comes when you call the vote:
So plugin uses percent of votes ,doesnt care about negative and positive votes...

Actually no, I didn't get confused. That one sentence sums it up nicely. Wink But there is a way to get around that anti-spam when calling votemap, especially if it's just you playing or other players agree with you on how to use it. Razz Should I post how to do that here? Some people may abuse it though.

BTW, did you check out my server yet? If so, what did you think?

[DCS] Xeno wrote:
It was never puplic. the one server admin on the servers i was play was more like a friend. we try things on my and his server so thats the way if get it. if he and me are not found us on the one day i has never know obout the survivor servers.

at time if got no l4d1 on my laptop and cant join u server before 7 days. And i better talk to Major Tom first he comes too from the survivors, may he has a better connection to error.

me and the survivors admin dont want to see this one day on sourcemod.com ect. it was a specel plugin made by error404.

Oh I see. It's just a private thing you guys had set up.

[DCS] Xeno wrote:

Kinda a bit confused here Neutral , are you saying you can't join any servers right now because you don't have L4D installed at the moment?

[DCS] Xeno wrote:

So the name of error404's server was "Survivors"? You guys have something against alliedmodders or something? Laughing That's really weird because without sourcemod, you wouldn't be using any plugins at all on any server and their stuff is public.

alBert2000 wrote:
Does anybody have this plugin source code?
I could have a look at it.
I did some sourcemod/metamod coding some time ago.
Maybe comoria?
Or like Tom proposed FredZ?

I imagine error404 must have made a modified version of the "basevotes.smx" core plugin because that core plugin also has a command called votemap and it functions practically the same way.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:41 am

I could give you other plugin i have,a bit different,harder to add campaigns,and you can only call the vote for custom maps at the end of each campaign!It's a modified version of mapvote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:39 am

Admin wrote:
I could give you other plugin i have,a bit different,harder to add campaigns,and you can only call the vote for custom maps at the end of each campaign!It's a modified version of mapvote

That's really strange. How would that work? How would it now when the map has ended? I've tried to change maps manually when the credits come up and that never works. Or does it call a vote before that happens?

I may have found another plugin to vote for custom maps. I just have to play with it. And supposedly it has no bugs. I'll test it out and let you know, maybe you'll wanna use this one instead.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:00 am

The 5th Survivor wrote:
Admin wrote:

That's really strange. How would that work? How would it now when the map has ended? I've tried to change maps manually when the credits come up and that never works. Or does it call a vote before that happens?

I may have found another plugin to vote for custom maps. I just have to play with it. And supposedly it has no bugs. I'll test it out and let you know, maybe you'll wanna use this one instead.

I have running the plugin in one of my l4d2 servers..not sure if is working for l4d1.I removed the custom maps in that server (27022 port)..but if u want to see how is working go connect to this server

This guy gave it to me...he modified it so u can mapvote at the beginning of the last level ..actually the menu is shown to all the players when level starts...

You vote and then after the campaign ends server changes to the chosen map kicking all players with a message to reconnect (valve bug for l4d2)
I could remove the kicking part for you if you like the plugin to use for l4d1

BTW we fixed the bug in the !votemap plugin xD...just ask Xeno for it now..its working perfect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:36 am

Nice to hear that the fix is working^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended here by a friend   Recommended here by a friend I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommended here by a friend
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Psycho Forum :: All about our servers :: Trash-
Jump to: